Here’s a podcast episode where I shared my best tips (23mins). A Filipino listener listened to that 2-3x, followed the tips, and got a job with Amazon in Amsterdam. This stuff works!
The most common problem when job hunting (abroad, or otherwise): We mostly send our CVs and apply to job sites. We get rejected by automated systems. My solution: Project 100 Strategy. And a related blog post: How I change careers so 'easily’
- How to find people to reach out to? Advanced LinkedIn Search and Connect or some 2 to 5min videos on YouTube to illustrate.
- What to say when connecting with people in LinkedIn? LinkedIn Connect Scripts and Templates
- So someone connects with you - what should you discuss on the call?! Call Agenda Templates
- Some tips on spicing up your LinkedIn profile.
- What if you’re really not qualified for a position? How to Get Virtually Any Job You Want (even if you don’t have the ‘right' experience). Here's my blog post applying the tips there to get my first product marketing position (yes, I got the job): Why and how Coins.ph can improve retention in the next 60 days
- Exponent is an interview prep platform. I used it to practice Product Manager interviews. They also offer resources for Software Engineering, Engineering Management, Product Marketing, and Technical Program Management. It's very helpful.
- My blog posts on job hunting abroad.
If you follow these tips and something’s just not working, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - I’m happy to troubleshoot with you on your specific situation.