How I’m evaluating if I can use Bear Notes as my “Second Brain” again
Why I am moving from Notion to Bear:
- Speed. To search, write, and edit. Similar to Evernote, the abundance of Notion’s features just cannot compensate for its slowness.
- Related to speed and performance, multitasking. Specifically, to take notes while on a Zoom or Hangouts video call. Notion slows way down when taking notes while on a call.
- Write offline.
- “Copy As” Rich Text works really well for preserving formatting and spacing into WordPress for publishing as a blog post
- Now available: Web clipper clips all the text in the webpage, rather than just a link to the webpage
- Encrypt certain notes for privacy, e.g. bank account details
- Bolding and highlighting stand out more clearly for Progressive Summarization
Features I am looking for in Bear, but are still not available:
- Can it create Tables? No.
- Can I share public links to notes? No, but I can export a note as a PDF to share publicly.
- Does it play nice with external apps – works with Zapier? Has an API? No. I’m starting to look out for this since I tried using Sunsama with Things 3 but found that Things does not have an API.